In role reversal participants have a chance to facilitate group discussions by taking up the role of a course facilitator. At the same time, the facilitator participates in all of discussions in the role of a learner (commenting, asking questions, answering, etc).
- Learners are divided into groups (8 - 15 people).
- To each of the groups, a leader is assigned (one of the given group members).
- The facilitator creates either disscussion forum or chat room for the activity.
- The facilitator emails each of the participants with the information about the activity, expectations of the facilitator and a list of learners from a group a given learner has been assigned to.
- The course facilitator informs the learners that their peers will facilitate the activity.
- The chosen facilitators have one or two days to prepare.
- When they are ready, synchronous or asynchronous discussions on a given subject(s) begin. The "real" course facilitator also takes part in discussions.
- At the end of the activity, each of the chosen group facilitators post at least three things they learned due to the experience of being the online course facilitator.
- discussion forum or chat